HowToHaven™'s Privacy and No Spam Policy
Our policy concerning privacy and no spam
Privacy and No Spam Policy
This page outlines HowToHaven™'s policy concerning your privacy and the sending of unsolicited email (usually referred to as "spam").
If you send me feedback using the site's contact form, you will be asked for your email address so that I can reply to you.
That email address will only be used to reply to your message. I will not use it to spam you, nor will I sell your email address to any third party. I am very much against spam myself.
As such, if you click the "Close" button to get rid of the notice, HowToHaven™ saves that setting and remembers it on its other pages, so as not to inconvenience you any further. The method provided by the web protocols/standards to save settings is by storing a cookie. In other words, if you click the "Close" button, HowToHaven™ will actually end up saving a cookie where previously it didn't.
That said, the cookie contains no personal information and cannot be used to track you. In fact, everyone who clicks the "Close" button gets the exact same cookie. Specifically, the cookie only has the words "user_wants_notice_gone=y". All pages on HowToHaven™ will obey that cookie and not display any notice as long as the cookie exists. The cookie expires after 365 days, so if you come back to this site after a year, you'll have to click the "Close" button again.
howtohaven™ RSS Site Feed
You can learn of new articles and scripts that are published on howtohaven.com by subscribing to the RSS feed. Simply point your RSS feed reader or a browser that supports RSS feeds at https://www.howtohaven.com/howtohaven.xml.
- Two Ways to View a Binary/Hexadecimal File on Windows Without Installing Anything
- How to Get the Hash (MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SHA512) of a File on Windows Without Installing Anything
- How to Solve the 0x80092004 Error When Installing a Windows 7 Security-Only/Monthly Update
- How to Create a Blog
- How to Record a Game Video
- How to Set Up a Standard User Account (or Limited Account) on Windows Vista and Windows 7 for Daily Use
- How to Securely Prepare Your Old Computer for Disposal
- How to Create / Start Your Own Website (Beginner's Guide)